In this blog on California Gardening, we take you on a tour of a flourishing garden in October. From beans to eggplants, hyacinth beans to ivy gourds, this garden showcases a diverse range of crops. Additionally, we review a smart Wi-Fi irrigation timer that doubles as a smart socket, offering convenience and efficiency in garden management.
- Beans: October kicks off with a bountiful bean harvest, with trellised plants laden with beans. Cooler weather slows production as the month progresses.
- Eggplants: Various eggplant varieties thrive in this garden, including Indian eggplants, medium purple eggplants, and Black Moon eggplants.
- Hyacinth Beans: These beans are a consistent source of harvest throughout the month, even in cooler weather.
- Ivy Gourd: Both short and long varieties of Ivy gourds thrive in containers and raised beds, producing a remarkable yield.
- Mango: A “Little Gem” mango is harvested, revealing its sweet and juicy flesh.
- Moringa: Moringa pods are harvested extensively this month, showcasing the productivity of this tree.
- Okra: Nombo Giant and Emerald okra continue to produce, with a surprising boost in production early in October.
- Peppers: While bell peppers slow down due to cooler weather, green peppers are still harvested.
- Radish: Although radish growth was affected by unseasonably warm weather, a decent harvest is achieved.
- Ridge Gourd: Ridge gourds steal the show, with an abundance of tender and mature gourds.
- Snake Gourd: The slowest-growing crop this month, snake gourds still yield a late harvest.
- Strawberry Guavas: Strawberry guavas ripen and offer a delectable treat from the garden.
Fertilizing with AgroThrive – We shared how we use AgroThrive fertilizers in our garden. The pre-digested liquid fertilizers are applied every 15 days to provide essential nutrients to the plants. We also use worm tea to further enhance nutrient uptake.
Gardening Product Review – RainPoint Smart Wi-Fi Irrigation Timer: We reviewed the RainPoint Smart Wi-Fi Irrigation Timer, which also doubles as a smart socket. This modern irrigation timer offers wireless control through a user-friendly app, making it easy to set up and manage your garden’s watering schedule. The review in the video includes details on setup, irrigation calendar, moisture sensors, and smart schedules.
October was a productive month in our California garden. We hope you found this informative and inspiring for your gardening endeavors. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to share them in the comments section below. Don’t forget to like and subscribe to our channel for more gardening tips and updates. Happy gardening!
Make sure to watch “Gardening : Massive Harvests in October 2022 – California Gardening“